Bridge to Boy Scouts Day Camp is a weeklong day camp experience for all Webelos 2 Cub Scouts to be held at Lone Tree Scout Reservation in Kingston, NH July 13-17. Day Camp operates from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. The cost is $225 (early bird).
Lone Tree Scout Reservation is located in a great part of southern New Hampshire and the Bridge to Boy Scouts Day Camp Program takes advantage of all that Lone Tree has to offer. As a weeklong camp with permanent facilities, this camp offers plenty of opportunity to learn and perfect new skills, make new friends, and explore the natural surroundings.
Some (but not all) of our planned activities include:
- Nature Exploration
- First Aid
- Team Building
- Challenge Course
- Rocket Building and Launching
And, of course our most important activity, Scouting skills!
Our scouting skills section is advanced, and focuses on the skills and knowledge the boys will need when they advance to Boy Scouts next year.
These skills include:
- Camping Preparation
- Fire Building
- Compass Skills
- Tent setup
- Proper camping gear
- Colors ceremony with the NYLT group (Boy Scout Leaders in Training) on Friday AM
There is also an optional overnight camping experience (Thursday, Aug. 21st) where the boys have the option to stay overnight, participate in a campfire activity, and other outdoor activities weather-dependent.
- Each Cub Scout will receive a camp T-shirt to be used as a camp uniform.
- Each boy needs to bring a lunch with him each day.
- Adults who volunteer as den escorts for the week will receive discounts for their boys.
- An up-to-date medical form is required for all boys and adults. A photocopy of both sides of your son's medical insurance card must be on file at camp.
- Busing will be provided from the West Wind District (Chelmsford) for no added cost (Call the Scout Service Center for more information on this)
- Buses Leave Chelmsford at 8:00AM, Return at 4:30PM