Starting March 15th you will be able to reserve facilities for the 2014-2015 Scouting year.
In keeping with the Safe Scouting Standards and adherence to those standard by all Scout Leaders, the follow apply to all off season camp facilities use and must be considered by any unit conducting these activities at any location.
- Where swimming or boating is included in the program, Safe Swim and/or Safety Afloat guidelines must be followed
- When climbing/rappelling is included, Climb on Safely must be followed
- Any Cub Pack overnight must have a Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) trained volunteer in attendance the entire overnight
- At least one adult must have completed “Planning and Preparing for Hazardous Weather”
- Basic First Aid is recommended for all tours and Wilderness First Aid for backcountry trips
Shooting Sports Ranges at Lone Tree and Wah-Tut-Ca
The Guide to Safe Scouting permits Cub Scouts to participate in Shooting Sports only at summer camp or Council sponsored events. Therefore, Shooting Sports Ranges cannot be reserved by Cub Packs. However, to provide off season shooting sports opportunities the Yankee Clipper Council Shooting Sports Committee will be hosting BB and Archery events in the spring and fall. Dates and sign up information will be shared with email, website and other communications. Stay tuned.
Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers
Troops, Teams and Crews may use the Shooting Sports ranges. However, reservations must be approved by the shooting sports committee to ensure compliance with BSA required certifications and operation. The ranges cannot be booked on-line. Any units interested in more information about reserving the shooting sports ranges should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the requested dates, locations, and point of contact. Also include the name of any NRA certified instructors. You will be contacted by the shooting sports committee to work out the details.